Advantage Feeders would like to invite you to the Target 400 workshops. The overarching goal of these workshops is to help farmers gain strategies to maximise their 2021 lamb production.
The topics are focused on the time from putting ewes into lambing paddocks to weaning their lambs. We have an exciting program for the 4 hours sessions.
There will be two sessions run each day. Morning and Afternoon.
The morning sessions will be 8:15am to 12:30pm and the afternoon sessions will be 1:15pm to 5:00pm.
The sessions start with three presenters with some added contributions.
- Tim Leeming from Paradoo Prime will discuss strategies to maximise lamb survival
- Cathy Bunter from Agriculture Victoria will show a process of identifying lamb fatalities and steps to prevent issues
- Gerard Roney from Advantage Feeders will outline the results from a recent creep feeding experiment and other creep feeding results
There will be a break for morning or afternoon tea. During this time, you can take advantage of talking with presenters and also the trade displays of Reid Stockfeeds and Ridley Stockfeeds. Both these stockfeed companies were supporters of the creep feeding experiment assessing what are effective feeds for this application.
After the break, the practical stations will commence. The attendees will be split into four groups and rotate around all stations. Our experience has been that these stations are often the most valuable that farmers take home because the groups of 10-15 farmers are ideal for promoting discussion and learning from the station organisers and one another.
The four stations are:
- Setting up lambing paddocks with Tim Leeming
- Setting up and managing creep feeding with Advantage Feeders
- Lamb autopsies with Cathy Bunter
- Maximising high moisture pastures with Advantage Feeders
Please note that morning sessions will have coffee upon arrival and lunch provided. The afternoon sessions will have refreshments after the practical sessions.
Due to Covid restrictions, we are strictly limited to 50 farmers at each event. Please RSVP early.